I had a few blog posts on my mind to write about, some cute pics and a few words of parenting wisdom. However, as I was browsing through this past weekends photos and feeling a little harassed as I prioritise my to do’s I came to the conclusion that instead let’s just keep it real. Yes I have lists, yes I have to do’s in various camps of my life. Think KIDS, PETS, WORK, HOUSE, FOOD, MONEY, PHYSICAL, EMOTIONAL WELLBEING and it can feel like holy shit, where do I start every morning. Not all, some mornings I spring out of bed ready to embrace the day and kick butt with a smile as I read a quote or listen to a business book via Audible as I brush my teeth 😉
But just so you know, there are also these mornings, where I just need a minute to get my head in the game, guzzle a coffee and wash my face and so I hand her a chocolate bar, don’t judge me! Leave her alone for 5 minutes downstairs, don’t judge me! Come back down strutting my freshly washed face to this…
So in case you are having a ‘bad’ day, your kids want to climb back inside your womb while you try to use the bathroom or they just want to eat all the snacks – shit happens… just kidding! It’s not shit. It’s chocolate. But yeah shit happens, smile, breathe and pour another coffee.
You got this!
It occurred to me we are now half way through 2016! How mad is that?! So I thought I would note 26 points that have cemented the realisation that when it comes to this adulting lark we are all just winging it especially when kids or pets are involved but we must still push towards our goals… personal change can be lonely but face the storm anyway!
- nobody was hospitalised (thought I would start positive)
- if your 2 yr old demands you breastfeed an oreo, a cheerio or a pebble, just breastfeed the damn thing
- feather filled sofas contain unimaginable amounts of feathers when your dog decides to rip a seat cushion open overnight (I thought I was in a blizzard for a second)
- teenagers aren’t so bad AT ALL
- nothing is precious… possessions, privacy, 20 pound notes
- kids eat ALOT, seriously, I feel like Jesus except the majority don’t eat fish and I’m out of bread
- stepping in dog pee can never not shock you, no matter how many times you slip in it
- when you tell a child not to put fingers in a pet rat cage this becomes a thrilling dare and you can bet they will
- cats have a knack for demanding to be let in at the most inconvenient times
- washing up liquid can happily be used as your go to cleaner/shampoo/laundry detergent because you were far too busy picking a bottle of wine to remember cleaner/shampoo/laundry detergent
- your child calls your food/drink spicy because you got so sick of her sampling and regurgitating your meals and drink back onto your plate/into your cup that the minute she glances yours you immediately start waving your hand in front of your face exaggerating ‘spicy’ and some weird animated ritual
- toddlers are irrational, testing and trying BUT oh so adorable, vulnerable and innocent so keep calm mamas!
- my 4 year old is smarter than me, her logic blows me away daily
- ok half way point, lets talk business! write your goals! shit happens when you write things down
- implement!!! taking action gets shit done, it’s not rocket science
- who you hang with kinda determines who you are, like it or lump it, who you are associating with will shape your life, choose carefully
- on that note, toxic people suck, friends, family, this may be painful but ditching those energy vampires will be a great move! Trust me!!
- raise your standards, by learning from those more knowledgeable than you, you will soar, do not be intimidated ( fake it till you make it 😉 )
- self doubt is your arch nemesis, punch that arsehole in the face, repetitively
- people will doubt your plans, keep what you need to close to your chest but also don’t be afraid to express your intentions
- look after yourself, everything in your world starts with you so self care is key
- love really does make the world go round – give what you can, as often as you can, it will come back around time and time again
- the world is a beautiful place and the grass is not always greener, try blooming where you are planted, it changes everything!
- no woman is an island – embrace strengths, differences and the help of others
- mothers are STRONG, even when you feel weak, you will get through this and if you are really struggling reach out, humans love to help, they really do
- be yourself, be kind, smile and laugh and don’t take anything too seriously, this time in 26 weeks anything may have happened 🙂
I hope you are smashing through your hopes and dreams this year, I am trying for sure! Would love to hear about anything that has happened to you so far! Highs or lows progression is what counts